Early Help Offer
There are times in our lives when we find situations difficult to cope with. At these times, we need help and advice but finding the right department or agency can be a minefield. The Early Help Offer gives parents a framework for asking for support. An assessment form may be completed, or signposting given, to provide parents and families with services who can help. This may be behaviour support, parenting advice, bereavement counselling, health advice, or for specific medical issues.
Early help refers to the offer of any information, advice or support to children, young people and their families as soon as possible in their lives, or when issues emerge, to help prevent problems from escalating.
When might Early Help be needed?
Reasons that a child or young person may benefit from Early Help include:
• displaying disruptive or anti-social behaviour
• being bullied or bullying others
• having poor attendance at school
• having poor general health
• having anxiety, depression or other mental health issues
• having a particularly challenging relationship with parents
• experiencing difficulties at home, such as domestic abuse, parental substance abuse or parental mental health problems
At Rowsley CofE Primary School this is some of the early help we offer you:
If you would like any more information about Early Help then please speak to Mrs Wyer or Mrs Hewitt or email email@example.com
Alternatively you can find more information here: https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/social-health/children-and-families/support-for-families/support-for-families-and-early-help.aspx