Skip to content ↓
Hero Design

Early Help

Early Help Offer

There are times in our lives when we find situations difficult to cope with. At these times, we need help and advice but finding the right department or agency can be a minefield. The Early Help Offer gives parents a framework for asking for support. An assessment form may be completed, or signposting given, to provide parents and families with services who can help. This may be behaviour support, parenting advice, bereavement counselling, health advice, or for specific medical issues.

Early help refers to the offer of any information, advice or support to children, young people and their families as soon as possible in their lives, or when issues emerge, to help prevent problems from escalating.

When might Early Help be needed?

Reasons that a child or young person may benefit from Early Help include:

  • displaying disruptive or anti-social behaviour
  • being bullied or bullying others
  • having poor attendance at school
  • having poor general health
  • having anxiety, depression or other mental health issues
  • having a particularly challenging relationship with parents
  • experiencing difficulties at home, such as domestic abuse, parental substance abuse or parental mental health problems

At Rowsley CofE Primary School this is some of the early help we offer you:

  • Parent/carer ‘drop in’ – come and see Mrs Wyer (appointments not always needed), if you need support with your child’s learning, behaviour or anything else that you may be worried about. 
  • Early Help Assessment (EHA) - an EHA involves listening to you to find out what help you need and talking about what is working well in your life. Based on what you say and what help you would like, a plan is formulated so that professionals can work together to make sure you get the right sort of help.
  • TAF (Team Around the Family) meetings, held in school, that may involve outside agencies (health visitor, school health, family support worker etc) where families have been identified as requiring additional support.
  • CAMHs referrals for children requiring support with mental health.
  • Refer to outside agencies such as: Family Outreach Team, parenting courses, our School Health Advisor, Play Therapist and local children’s centres.
  • Support to complete forms and other paperwork such as: admissions to high school and Disability Living Allowance.

If you would like any more information about Early Help then please speak to Mrs Wyer or Mrs Hewitt or email

Alternatively you can find more information here: